These red wine sangria popsicles are a delicious but boozy treat that definitely aren’t family friendly. They are a great way to use up leftovers, and with 4 ingredients are also amazingly easy to make!
Sangria is one of my favorite summer time drinks, and these popsicles make a perfect summer time treat for grown ups!
I was worried when I first started thinking about making sangria popsicles because of the difficulties freezing alcohol. However so long as you make them the night before they will freezer perfectly well.
- Red Wine
- Orange Juice
- Chopped fruit
See the recipe card for quantities.
Start by chopping all the fruit you intend to use in your sangria. Personally I like to use soft fruits as this provide a more pleasant and consistent texture in your popsicles. We used grapes, strawberries and raspberries in this version. But blackberries, blueberries and other soft fruits work equally well.
Leave the chopped fruit to soak in the red wine and put aside.
Add the sugar to the orange juice and stir until it is completely dissolved.
Pour the orange juice and sugar mixture into the red wine and fruit mixture.
Spoon fruit into the popsicle moulds.
Pour liquid on top.
Put popsicle moulds into the freezer and leave for a minimum of 8 hours to ensure full freezing.
Take out and enjoy.
Substitutions & Variations
Want to try something different? Here are some options.
- Fruit – like with Sangria drinks, you can add whatever fruits you have. I personally avoid hard fruits such as apples as I prefer soft fruit in popsicles. I also recommend avoiding oranges as the pith and peel can make an unusual texture. Also as this recipe uses orange juice, you already have orange flavors in the popsicle.
More Sweet Treats Recipes
If you’ve got a sweet tooth, try some of our other favorite treats.
- Breakfast Cereal Popsicles
- Frozen Greek Yogurt Breakfast Bark
- Overnight Oats with Frozen Berries
- Sour Candy Frozen Grapes
- Frozen Peanut Butter Yogurt Bark Recipe
- Angel Delight Ice Lollies
These popsicles will keep for up to 3 months when stored in a freezer-safe ziplock bag or other airtight container.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recommended Tools – Here’s one of our favorite ice pop makers.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 1 cup chopped fruit (we used grapes, raspberries and strawberries).
- 3/4 cup of red wine (pick your grape of choice).
- 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup of orange juice
- Chop fruit and add into the red wine.
- Add sugar into the orange juice and stir until fully dissolved.
- Add orange juice mixture to the red wine and fruit.
- Spoon fruit evenly into your popsicle moulds.
- Pour remaining mixture on top.
- Freeze for 8-12 hours.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 119Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 1g