Frozen Greek Yogurt Breakfast bark is a great summer breakfast idea that feels like a treat for the whole family.
And not only does it feel like a treat but it is super easy to make with only four ingredients and can be easily customised to suit your family’s taste.
I personally love to eat yogurt bark at any time of year but it works great for summer mornings when you can eat breakfast al fresco.
And with it’s red, white and blue color scheme, this is a perfect patriotic 4th July breakfast idea. And if you want some more breakfast yogurt bark ideas, then we have plenty more inspiration on the blog and we even have some amazing breakfast popsicle recipes for more frozen breakfast ideas.
The great thing about frozen greek yogurt breakfast bark is how few ingredients you actually need to make it.
For our frozen greek yogurt breakfast bark we use:
- Greek Yogurt
- Strawberries (chopped)
- Honey Nut Cheerios
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to make Greek Yogurt Breakfast Bark Instructions
Add greek yogurt into a freezer safe baking sheet. We prefer to use a silicon baking sheet as it is easier to remove the bark once frozen.
Fill the tray to around 1/4 inch thickness and smooth the mixture with the back of spoon or palette knife.
Sprinkle the blueberries, chopped strawberries and cheerios onto the top of the greek yogurt making sure there is an even distribution. Don’t be tempted to push fruit into the mixture.
Put baking sheet into the freezer and leave for three hours to fully freeze.
Once frozen remove the yogurt from the baking sheet and cut into uneven pieces.
Use immediately and put any leftovers into a freezer friendly air tight container and use within two months.
More Great Recipes
For more yogurt bark and breakfast recipes check out these pots.
Substitutions & Variations
The great thing about yogurt bark is you can really add anything you like into the mix depending what you have to hand.
- Granola – yogurt bark is a great toddler breakfast idea. However if you want to make it more grown up substitute cheerios for granola for added crunch.
- Raspberries – any soft berry will work in this mixture. Our family love strawberries and blueberries but raspberries are another great addition.
- Coco Pops – for a naughty chocolate greek yogurt frozen bark you could add some coco pops into the mix instead of cheerios.
- Vegan – to make vegan yogurt bark substitute greek yogurt with a vegan yogurt alternative such as soy yogurt or almond milk yogurt.
What to Serve with
We grownups love to eat this yogurt bark straight from the freezer. However if you want to serve to toddlers or people with a sweet tooth, you may want to serve with
- Honey – to add some natural sweetness that pairs well with the fruit and cereal.
- Nutella – another way of adding sweetness. My kids get this version for a treat!
- Maple Syrup – if you want to make a vegan version with vegan yogurt try adding maple syrup or agave syrup for sweetness.
And for a more interactive breakfast we love to put out some different dips and let everyone customise their own breakfast.
Yogurt bark should be used immediately once frozen or transfer into a freezer friendly airtight container and store for up to 2 months.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cooking Tips – be sure to evenly spread the yogurt in your baking sheet and not make the mixture too deep otherwise you will get uneven. freezing that takes longer to set.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 2 cups Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Cheerios
- 1/4 cup of blueberries
- 1/4 cup of strawberries (chopped)
- Pour Greek Yogurt into a freezer safe sheet pan and spread evenly with back of a spoon.
- Spread strawberries, blueberries and cheerios evenly on top of the yogurt.
- Freeze for 3 hours or until fully frozen.
- Cut unevenly and serve.
If you don't have a silicon sheet pan, be sure to line your sheet pan with parchment or plastic wrap to ensure you can get it out of the pan easily.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 27Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 16mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
And if you make this recipe we would love for you to share the pictures with us over on Instagram! And if you like this recipe make sure you leave us a review above!