These tangy sour candy frozen grapes are a great frozen treat! They’re a fun and sweet treat on a hot day.
They taste like sour patch candy but are a healthier alternative you and your family will love.
The kind of grapes you use doesn’t matter, but they need to be seedless because you’ll be freezing them whole.
If you love the taste of sour candy, you’ve got to try these sour patch grapes! They hit all the delicious flavor notes of sour and sweet that we love in Sour Patch, Airheads, Jolly Rancher, and Sour Skittles – but they are sugar-free!
You’ll only need a handful of ingredients to make this delicious treat.
- Green Grapes, Red Grapes, or Cotton Candy Grapes (must use seedless grapes)
- Sugar-Free Jello (I love the strawberry flavor, but you can use whatever flavor you’d like)
- Lime Juice or Lemon Juice
See the recipe card for quantities.
Wash grapes. Freeze grapes for 1 to 3 hours in a Ziploc bag or other airtight container in the freezer until solid like ice cubes.
Juice your limes so that you have at least 3 tablespoons of lime juice.
Pour the Jello mix into a small bowl.
Dunk each grape into the lime juice and then roll it in the Jello mix.
You can serve the grapes immediately or place them back in the freezer for an additional 30 minutes to dry out.
More Sweet Treats Recipes
If you’ve got a sweet tooth, try some of our other favorite treats.
- Frozen Greek Yogurt Breakfast Bark
- Frozen Peanut Butter Yogurt Bark Recipe
- Angel Delight Ice Lollies
Substitutions & Variations
Want to try something different? Here’s a great option.
- Fruit – you can make this with your other favorite fruit as well – try it with strawberries, kiwi, bananas, or melon!
Save the sour grapes in the freezer for up to 6 months in a ziptop bag or other freezer-safe container.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Specialty Ingredients – Use a fruit-flavored sugar-free jello for best results – here are several options to choose from.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 12 to 15 grapes (green or red seedless grapes)
- 1 box sugar free Jello
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Freeze grapes for 1 to 3 hours in a Ziploc bag or other airtight container in the freezer.
- Pour the lime juice and Jello powder into two small bowls.
- Dunk each grape in the lime juice and then roll in the Jellow powder.
- Serve immediately or freeze for an additional 30 minutes (if you want drier candy).
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 5Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g