Here’s an easy way to roast frozen green beans that tastes great and is largely hands-off! You’ll love this tender and tasty veggie side dish.
This cooking method for frozen green beans yields the best results. No mushy beans here! You’ll roast them for 35 minutes to ensure excess water cooks off and the beans get browned and flavorful.
This simple recipe will be your new favorite way to make easy green beans.
This delicious green beans recipe is so versatile – you can use your favorite spices and toppings. But we’ll show you the best way to get crispy beans even when they start from frozen (with no defrosting necessary)! It’s a great option for busy weeknights.
Fresh vegetables are great, but they’re often out of season and overpriced – making frozen veggies a much cheaper and easier option. Frozen vegetables are picked and frozen at their peak ripeness. They’re just as healthy and nutrient-dense are fresh vegetables. And they can be saved for months in your freezer! It’s a great way to make sure you always have veggies on hand.
Additionally, using frozen beans cuts down on any prep work needed to get fresh green beans ready (no washing or cutting needed).
Here are the simple ingredients you’ll need to make this easy side dish.
- Frozen Green Beans*
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
See the printable recipe card for quantities.
*You can use haricots verts, whole green beans, or cut green beans.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Place green beans on a parchment-lined baking sheet or in a large baking dish.
Drizzle with olive oil and toss with salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper.
Spread greens beans out across the roasting pan or baking sheet.
Bake for 35 minutes.
Remove from the oven and toss with the Parmesan cheese.
More Great Side Dish Recipes
Looking for more easy side dishes with frozen vegetables? Try some of our other favorite healthy recipes!
- Roasted Broccoli – here’s how to roast frozen broccoli for an easy and tasty veggie side!
- Frozen California Blend Vegetables Recipe – a delicious side dish with mixed veggies.
- Sauteed Frozen Spinach – here’s how to make frozen spinach delicious!
Substitutions & Variations
Need to make some changes to this simple side dish? Here are some ingredients that can be swapped.
- Oil – you can use grapeseed oil or avocado oil in place of olive oil. You can also use an olive oil spray if you’d prefer.
- Garlic – you can use fresh garlic in place of the garlic powder if you’d prefer. Use 2 to 3 cloves of minced garlic.
- Spices – you can swap the seasonings for an equal amount of your favorite seasonings or spice blends like Italian seasoning, lemon pepper seasoning, or a spicy seasoning like an adobo blend.
- Optional Toppings – if you want to liven up this dish, you can serve it with optional toppings like a squeeze of lemon juice, lemon zest, or some fresh herbs like chopped parsley or fresh basil.
You can save roasted green beans for up to 4 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container or in a dish covered with plastic wrap.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cooking Tips – If you want extra crispy vegetables, you can turn on the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes before removing the green beans from the oven.
If you try this easy side dish, let us know in the comments below or leave us a star rating!
- 1 pound bag of frozen green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place green beans on a parchment-lined baking sheet or in a large baking dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss with salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper.
- Spread greens beans out across the baking dish or sheet pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and toss with the Parmesan.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 86Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 316mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g