Here’s an easy way to cook frozen broccoli that tastes great and is largely hands-off! You’ll love the way the broccoli is tender on the inside but crispy on the edges.
It’s an inexpensive way to enjoy broccoli year-round and will be your new favorite way to enjoy broccoli. This easy recipe will be a family favorite.
This delicious broccoli recipe is so versatile – you can use your favorite spices and toppings. But we’ll show you the best way to get crispy broccoli even when it starts from frozen (with no defrosting necessary)!
Fresh vegetables are great, but they’re often out of season and overpriced – making frozen veggies a much more cost-effective option. Frozen vegetables are picked and frozen at their peak. They’re just as healthy and nutrient-dense are fresh vegetables, and you can save them for months in your freezer. Making them a great way to always have great produce available.
Additionally, using frozen vegetables cuts down on the prep work needed to get fresh veggies ready (no washing or cutting needed).
Here are the simple ingredients you’ll need to make this easy healthy side dish.
- Frozen Broccoli
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
See the recipe card for quantities.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Place frozen broccoli florets on a parchment paper or aluminum foil-lined baking sheet in a single layer.
Roast for 15 minutes to allow most of the excess water to evaporate.
Take the sheet pan out of the oven and toss the broccoli with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, onion powder, and black pepper.
Spread the broccoli out again across the sheet pan.
Place the broccoli back in the oven and roast for an additional 10 to 15 minutes until it is tender on the inside and crispy on the outside.
More Great Side Dish Recipes
Looking for more easy side dishes with frozen vegetables? Try some of our other favorites!
- Roasted California Blend Vegetables – here’s how to roast frozen California blend vegetables for an easy and tasty veggie side!
- How to Cook Frozen Greens Beans – a great recipe for cooking delicious green beans with parmesan cheese.
Substitutions & Variations
Need to make some changes to this simple side dish? Here are some ingredients that can be swapped.
- Oil – you can use grapeseed oil or avocado oil in place of olive oil. You can also use an olive oil spray if you’d prefer.
- Spices – you can swap the seasonings for an equal amount of your favorite seasonings or spice blends like Italian seasoning, lemon pepper seasoning, everything but the bagel seasoning, or a spicy seasoning like an adobo blend. If you’d like a little bit of spice, add some red pepper flakes.
- Optional Toppings – if you want to liven up this dish, you can serve it with optional toppings like a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, some lemon juice, lemon zest, or some fresh herbs like chopped parsley or fresh basil.
You can save roasted broccoli for up to 4 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Leftover broccoli should be reheated in the oven – microwaving it will leave you with soggy broccoli.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cooking Tips – If you want extra crispy broccoli, cook it for the full 30 minutes. You can also turn on the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes before removing the broccoli from the oven.
If you try this recipe, let us know in the comments below or leave us a star rating!
- 1 pound bag of frozen broccoli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place frozen broccoli on a parchment or aluminum foil-lined sheet pan. Spread out the pieces so there is space between each piece.
- Roast for 15 minutes to allow most of the water to evaporate.
- Take the sheet pan out of the oven and toss the broccoli with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, onion powder, and black pepper. Spread the broccoli out across the sheet pan again.
- Place the broccoli back in the oven and roast for an additional 10 to 15 minutes until it is tender on the inside and crispy on the outside.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 77Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 535mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g